2012 Blog Review
Inspired by one of my favorite bloggers, Michael Hyatt, I thought it might be interesting and instructive to take a look at the top posts on my blog in 2012 and see if it tells me anything. So according to Google Analytics, the top 10 most viewed posts on my blog in 2012 were:
- Be Social Updated Ebook – Free Download
- Andy Stanley Quotes on Leadership
- Learn to Speak Like the Ocean
- Warrior Poet Clothier Launches Today! You Get 30% off.
- Orange Conference 2012: Great Quotes
- Orange Conference 2012: Session Recaps & Slide Prezis
- ROAR Becomes the Official Church App of Lifeway
- Choremonster gives parents and kids a way to make chores fun. (Beta invites!)
- 5 Signs You’re A Boss and Not A Leader
- Free E-Book: Sex, Lust, & XXX
So one really encouraging thing about this list is that it seems to cover all of my areas of interest: Ministry, Technology, Communication, and Leadership. A clear trend is that people are interested when I give things away free or discounted. And they also like it when I quote other people!
Another really interesting thing about the list of my most-viewed posts this year is that half of them weren’t written this year. The above list is my post that were WRITTEN in 2012 and most-viewed in 2012. But some of my most popular posts went all the way back to 2007! So I guess that tells me that interest in my content can carry on and be searchable for years to come, so I need to hang in there and make sure I’m putting out quality stuff.
So what would you like to see from my blog in the coming year??