I get the question all the time, “What do you do for Orange?” My response consist of helping out with social media strategy, http://orangeleaders.com (which is getting an overhaul very soon) and a new product called YouLead that launches next month. Basically I get to leverage technology to help equip, empower, and train pastors all over the world to reach the next generation. Being a pastor for 10 years, creating curriculum and speaking all over the place, it made sense to me to keep a hand in the world of ministry.
Very few people follow up that question with the next question, “Why Orange?” I’ve had a couple of people ask but for the most part they don’t get to the why. I thought to start this Orange Week I would answer that question.
10 reasons of Why I’m Orange?
- It’s about a strategy and not simply about a curriculum. Curriculum can only go so far.
- Sue Miller. Just hanging out with her makes my day better.
- It’s about leveraging influence and not putting the focus on just the church.
- I’m going to be bald some day. Reggie Joiner is bald. I think it works.
- I get to impact pastors all over the world.
- Building community is key for the company online and offline
- I can wear Bengals stuff and I fit in.
- I get to work with my wife again and that is just plain AWESOME!
- Orange Conference simply rocks and I have to go now.
- Stuart Hall and Jerad Herd talk to me now even if I did Children’s Ministry.