Things You Can Do With Your ROAR App
ROAR is building 1000 iPhone, iPad, and Android apps for non-profits for free if they sign up between now and December 31st, 2011. The non-profit simply has to pay for hosting of the apps. Yes this is a pretty sweet deal if you are a church, school, ministry, or other non-profit but the number one question I get when I tell people this is, “What can this app do for the non-profit?”
The ROAR App is a robust and powerful app platform that is very flexible and customizable. It’s most amazing feature is that you don’t need any development experience to run it. ROAR takes care of all the heavy lifting for you. All you have to do it input the content into our content management system and sit back. ROAR take care of the rest. Check out some of the powerful modules below:
- Custom Menus
- Audio Podcasts
- Video Podcasts
- Prayer Wall/Interaction Wall
- Push Notifications
- Mailing List
- QR Scanner
- RSS Reader
- Live Video
- and more.
Let’s get creative though and come up with some different ways you can use these features to help out a non-profit.
- Church – Messages and content created by the Senior Pastor and Sunday worship service
- Youth Ministry – Let students and parents connect about what is being taught in this ministry
- Children’s Ministry – Inform parents of what they can do with their kids during the week
- Small Groups Ministry – Post lessons, messages, times and locations of small groups
- University Marketing – Keep donors up to date with what is happening and let them connect with each other
- University Students – Connect Facebook, Twitter, Events, and our Interaction wall together for on campus communication
- School District – Let your community show their school pride and keep them up to date with all the things going on
- Any Non-Profit – Inform what matters most, list vision, values, and how you are making a difference. Get really creative and give your audience a place to get all the information found all over the web and info not on the web in one very nice mobile app.